Learn You A Keyboard Macros For Great Good: A VimGolf in Emacs Supplemental
I wanted to take a quick break today from our usual programming and turn instead to a challenge that I stumbled upon while getting organized for the next few iterations of the VimGolf In Emacs series.
I figured the deviation was worth a quick post accompanying the video.
For each VimGolf in Emacs video I do a few things:
- I copy the text of the challenge out into 4 files:
- A presentation file for later editing and inclusion with the video and this blog.
- A start file with the starting text that I don’t edit and thus am able to restore from if I make any horrible mistakes.
- A work file in which I do my work.
- An end file to which I compare the results of my work which I don’t edit.
- I create 3 tasks in Remember The Milk: Research, Record, and Publish. Each is tagged @web, located at home, and has the short url that I created attached to it for easy reference.
I’d done this enough times that I was convinced I should be able to do it with a Keyboard Macro. What you see here is the result.
I’m pretty darn impressed! ^_^
Anyway, the main features I use, other than Keyboard Macros, are:
Hope you enjoy!
Oh, and I would definitely click through and watch this full size, as I recorded it at 1280x800 rather than the usual 800x600.